11.16.2008

Nappturality

i am finally comfortable with being natural...its a great feeling. i feel completly liberated, i have finally come to the realization that its not about hair...its how you rock it. what i mean by that is that you have to have confidence and when you don't it shows. this past weekend i pretty much threw caution to the wind and rocked my kinky curly fro, i felt so good for the first time in a long time. this weekend i got more compliments from random people then i have since going natural 10 months ago. its nuts! i think its the fact that i am comfortable with being different that people are attracted too. its funny because my brothers have always said that i look like jill scott, i don't see it but i guess others do...i got so many "i see you boo, doin it big gettin yo jill scott on" lol hilarious. i just laugh because i'm just like i'm tryin to do ME...but i feel good about it.

i'm happy that i'm finally accepting myself and working with my natural beauty and just in time for my vegas trip. dude the last time i went to vegas i was so caught up in the whole having to look bomb dot com that i lost myself. i was so easily convinced that my hair wasn't good enough to rock natural in vegas so i straightend my hair and wore a ponytail, and i tried to fit in but at the end of the day i felt like a sellout to myself. so this time around i'm going to do me and i don't care if people hate it or love it.

i know i'm beautiful and i finally believe it. after years of self doubt which stemmed from bad realationships and rejection from my younger years...im free because i LOVE me!

No comments: